Financial Capability Program
Financial capability is the capacity, based on knowledge, skill and access, to manage financial resources effectively. The program helps low-to-moderate income clients develop this capacity by providing free tax preparation, one- on-one financial coaching, financial crisis intervention, workshops and access to partner financial services.
Through an Integrative Personalized Intervention model, financial education and skill building are provided through one- on-one sessions. An important component of Financial Capability is providing clients with access to the Individual Development Account (IDA) program, a matched savings program assisting low income individuals saving to purchase a home, start a business, or pursue a post- secondary education.
- Clients who have not filed tax returns in recent years may still receive tax preparation services
- Clients who earn up to $64k with a family of four could be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Program works with clients who have had a financial crisis that has resulted in bad credit and unpaid bills and would like to rebuild their credit
- Some individuals may be asked to provide a tax return in order to receive Financial Capability services
- Program encourages referrals from staff working with clients in other SNHS programs
|GEOGRAPHIC AREA:||Rockingham and Strafford Counties|
|PROGRAM COST:||No Cost|
For more information on financial coaching, tax preparation assistance and other services offered through the Financial Capability Program, contact a local Outreach Office or call (603) 431-2911
- 4 Cutts St., Portsmouth - (603) 431-2911
- 9 Crystal Ave., Derry - (603) 965-3029 or (855) 295-4105
- 55 Prescott Rd., Raymond - (603) 895-2303
- 85 Stiles Rd., Salem - (603) 893-9172 or (800) 939-9172
- 146 Lafayette Rd., Seabrook - (603) 474-3507