Are you looking for a new career, with an opportunity to learn new skills in the growing energy conservation industry?
Southern New Hampshire Services (SNHS) has a great opportunity for you as an Energy Auditor in our growing Weatherization program. SNHS will provide you with:
* Company Vehicle
* Paid Training and Certification to become a State of New Hampshire Certified Energy Auditor and Quality Control Inspector
* Generous Paid-Time-Off benefits
* Company paid Health and Dental Insurance
* 10% Employer Contribution to your retirement plan after one year.
This is a 35 hr/wk Full-Time position where you will identify energy conservation program specifications for residential properties and ensure quality installation by contractors and high levels of customer satisfaction.
If you are familiar with residential construction, able to schedule assignments and follow through, familiar with Microsoft Office and email, and motivated to become certified as a State of New Hampshire Energy Auditor then this might be the job for you.
Assist with the implementation of various energy conservation programs through the energy audit of residential properties. Record the pertinent data in written and computerized formats and generate work order specifications for the energy conservations measures that are to be installed by contractors. Conduct proper follow through and inspections in the field to assure quality installations and client satisfaction. Responsible for a minimum of 120 audits per year.
Directly supervised by the Weatherization Director and overall supervision by the Deputy Director.
No supervision of agency employees. Oversight is exercised over all phases of the contracted work in the capacity of quality assurance and compliance.
* Be familiar with and experienced in residential construction and energy related measures.
* Be familiar with writing detailed specifications for residential conservation.
* Be willing and able to take the required training and learn the essential information needed to be certified as a State of NH Energy auditor with the ultimate goal of becoming a Quality Control inspector.
* Be proficient with figures and calculations.
* Ability to schedule assignments and follow through to successful completion.
* Be familiar with Microsoft office, with experience on computer systems and have good keyboarding skills.
* Required to travel and have valid Driver’s License in order to perform the responsibilities of the position.
* Social Service background with experience working with low income clients and second language helpful.
* OSHA, RRP, BPI or other related trade certifications helpful.
* Follow the prescribed training to become a Certified Energy Auditor in the State of New Hampshire within 6 months, with a goal of obtaining the Quality Control Inspector Certification within 1 year.
* Conduct the Energy Audit at the client’s home according to prescribed format which includes:
o Performing various technical tests: blower door, pressure, heating system efficiency etc.
o Assessing and documenting the condition of the thermal envelope.
o Educating the client whenever possible to obtain energy savings.
o Determine areas of possible health and safety dangers.
o Installing some energy savings products such as light bulbs.
o Metering appliances for possible replacement.
o Performing energy savings functions such as water temperature turn down.
* Choose properties from the Fuel Assistance database to be audited according to certain priorities.
* Communicate with client and schedule energy audit appointment
* Thoroughly document the information gathered at the energy audit in the field, in written and computerized formats as required.
* Write work order specifications for the contractor(s) chosen to do the work.
* Review the billing received from the contractor both against the bid prices and the actual work performed.
* Inspect the work to check for conformity with the work order, the bill and the accepted weatherization methodology.
* Assure that the client’s folder has all the proper paperwork required by the funding sources and agency requirements.
* Ability to multitask and maintain a workload of 40+ projects in progress.
* Be able to work on the Energy Department Team, keep cordial relations with co-workers and have the ability to adjust to changing procedures.
* Will maintain the professional boundaries with all current, past and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
* Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
* Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
* Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
* Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer