The Information Technology Support Specialist is primarily responsible for the daily support of IT
infrastructure. The Support Specialist possesses deep technical knowledge to address network and
systems issues quickly and effectively. Identify, diagnose and rectify any issues in computer and
network hardware, software, social media, services, and applications.
The Support Specialist will perform a variety of maintenance, software installations, hardware
SUPERVISION:Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Director, and generalsupervision of the Deputy Director.Exercised: None.
installations, end-user support, and training tasks to ensure workstations, peripherals, servers, and
network performance all meet business needs. This position is responsible for the support, design,
development, implementation, delivery, and maintenance of web/social media content, assets,
performance, and customer service.
• Investigate and recommend effective remedies for the prevention of problems with servers and
networking technology, assist with troubleshooting, technical issues, and play a role in policy
related end user issues.
• Collaborate with IT team to resolve end user/system issues communicating pertinent details of
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, with the goal of issue
resolution and customer service.
• Adapts, trains, and responds to unfamiliar technologies and situations to provide solutions that
align with SNHS systems/processes.
• Creating, improving, and maintaining web based content to achieve business goals.
• Support of Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
• Assist in providing technical training and assistance/support to the IT Support Technician I and
• Demonstrate experience in content management systems including but not limited to (Joomla
• Monitoring of web traffic and metrics to identify best practices.
• Support, troubleshoot, and administer: Office 365, Windows 7/10, Windows Server, and
• Conduct daily maintenance and troubleshooting of the SNHS social media content, develop
metrics and overall messaging strategy
• Identify and recommend social media platforms that best meet the needs of SNHS.
• Continuously maintain and analyze feedback on system functionality make recommendations for
• Create, update and communicate policies and procedures that relate to all programs & platforms.
• Work with IT Director to coordinate agency technical INET infrastructure.
• Consistently maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and
maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
• Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
• Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
• Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum 3-5 Years’ experience with maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting various
technology environments; communication and collaboration tools experience ranging from
desktops, servers, networks, email, and cloud-based software.
• Basic understanding of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, subnets, routing, switching)
• Working knowledge of antivirus, cyber security, backups, and virtualization.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
• Hands-on experience with setup, configuration and troubleshooting of firewalls, switches, and
peripheral networking hardware.
• Strong hardware & software troubleshooting skills.
• Learns quickly to develop new skills and adapt quickly to new challenges.
• Strong time management and task prioritization abilities.
• Strong analytical thinking and project management skills.
• Experience with desktop, servers and networks.
• Troubleshooting data networks and end user devices.
• Strong skills with Joomla and WordPress.
• Microsoft Office 365 administration.
• Windows 7/10 workstation administration.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
• Microsoft network certification achieved or working toward.
• Current knowledge of latest technology trends.
• Advanced knowledge and experience with agency specific network and hardware configurations,
and the ability to work with agency network systems to maintain connectivity to computers and
• Advanced troubleshooting skills and experience, and the ability to learn and accept additional
responsibilities including, but not limited to more advanced network and server management
tasks, and phone system management tasks.
• Experience providing maintenance updates and support as required for end user computer
• Expertise in network, server, and end user security, as well as anti-virus solutions.
• Ability to work with agency website and social media.
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment independently and as part of a team.
• Must possess strong interpersonal and customer service relation skills.
• Must possess complex problem solving skills and experience.
• 5 + years’ experience with maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting various technology
environments; communication and collaboration tools experience ranging from desktops,
servers, networks, email and cloud-based software.
• Hands-on experience 5 + years with setup, configuration and troubleshooting of firewalls,
switches and peripheral networking hardware.
• Working knowledge of network technologies involving Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area
Networks (WAN) and Virtual Private Networks (VPN).
• Proficient with Joomla and WordPress.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer