ASSISTANT HOUSING MANAGER
The incumbent of this position will function as the principal support for the Housing Manager. The individual will develop a work-flow process and implement systems that will allow for the orderly, timely and professional completion of tasks as required.
The incumbent works under the direct supervision of the Housing Manager and the general supervision of the Housing Director.
The incumbent will have at least a high school diploma (business college experience a plus). The individual will have good communication skills in both oral and written form, knowledge of computers and bookkeeping skills is essential. Must be proficient at utilizing rental software programs, Microsoft Office and Excel. Demonstrated working knowledge of supportive services and other resources for senior citizens. Ability to advocate, problem solve and help residents to maintain their independent lifestyle.
• Assists with the day-to-day activities of operating a housing facility.
• Provides a wide variety of clerical/administrative support to the site Housing Manager and other housing staff as requested by the Housing Manager. Examples of duties include: Assists with waiting list and resident file maintenance and upkeep.
• Assists with Managerial duties such as, conduct tenant certification, selection and annual recertification, handle leasing of new and turn over units.
• Become proficient and utilize rental software to enable Housing Manager to maintain records of collections, disbursements, security deposit reports, etc., in accordance with the HUD Handbook 4350.3.
• Collects rents, issues receipts, makes daily deposits and run necessary reports at the request of the Housing Manager.
• Responsible for having adequate knowledge of HUD Handbook 4350.3 rules and regulations and Enterprise Income Verification (EIV).
• Screens telephone calls and drop-in visitations for the Housing Manager as well as placing outside calls for any of the offices.
• Responsible for maintaining effective client relations.
• Will be responsible for conducting orientations for new move ins at the request of the Housing Manager.
• Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
• Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
• Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
• Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
• Perform other related duties as required.
I have read and understand the above description and I am confident that I will be able to meet the requirements of this job.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer