Responsible for performing and completing required intake which is the certification, eligibility & coordination of services in conjunction with the WIC/CSFP Policy and Procedure Manual at WIC and CSFP Clinics. Issuing benefits to participants and performing office duties related to these tasks while providing a high level of customer service & program quality.
Works under the direct supervision of the WIC Operations Coordinator, and under the general supervision of the WIC Director.
· A high school degree or GED is required.
· Experience working with the general public and low income population.
· Ability to comply with busy schedules and job responsibilities.
· Deals with the general public, program participants and co-workers in a dignified and respectful manner.
· Must have the ability to work as part of a team.
· Valid New Hampshire driver’s license, current adequate car insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
· Spanish speaking preferred, but not required.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
· Responsible for performing and completing required intake for WIC/CSFP clinics and issuing benefits to participants. Clinics: Completes all procedures for Certification of clients (proof of identification, household income, residence, D.O.B, and pregnancy). Electronic WIC Benefits: Performs all procedures that involve Food and Food Benefit issuance (Proof of ID).
· Responsible for WIC data entry into the WIC computer system and CSFP Documentation.
· Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all WIC/CSFP Federal and State policies as referenced in WIC/CSFP Policies & Procedures Manual with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing policies and procedures.
· Assist in performing all office duties such as: no show calls, transfer-ins, in-waitings, enrolled and not participating report, assist with pulling voicemails and returning participant calls on the 1-800 WIC line, answering phone calls in a professional and knowledgeable manner and filing WIC/CSFP paperwork.
· Responsible for printing next day WIC/CSFP clinic schedules and making reminder calls.
· Communicates effectively with the WIC Operations Coordinator.
· Responsible for outreach duties as assigned by your supervisor, either by phone or in the field.
· Works at a steady pace to insure all participants are seen in a timely fashion.
· Is required to travel to WIC/CSFP clinic sites through-out Hillsborough and Rockingham Counties.
· Must comply with flexible working hours (7am-3pm, 8:30-4:30 & 11am-7pm).
· Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
· Presents a positive and professional image as a representative of SNHS when working with clients and whenever representing the WIC/CSFP Programs and Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc.
· Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
· Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
· Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to makes referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his /her family.
· Performs other related duties as requested.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer