The incumbent of this position is responsible for packing CSFP food care-packages; assistance with the delivery of foods at tailgate sites; and for assisting with loading and unloading the delivery truck. He/she is also responsible for the assistance of warehouse maintenance, cleanliness and safety.
Works under the direct supervision of the Resource & CSFP/Warehouse Coordinator, and overall supervision of the Program Director.
May be called upon to train volunteer support to assemble and pack CSFP care-packages and bread sorting and distribution.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to follow multi-task directions.
• This position requires the ability to be a fast learner and have the physical stamina to lift a minimum of 50 pounds repetitively.
• The ability to work independently or as part of a team or independently.
• Warehouse experience is also desirable, but not required.
• Assist with preparation of food distribution at warehouse. This includes: assembling CSFP care-package boxes, packing care-packages with food, lifting and loading them on to pallets for delivery.
• Assist with The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) distribution by lifting and loading food into the vehicles of our community partners.
• Maintains warehouse cleanliness, organization and safety. This includes but is not limited to: restocking shelves in both the warehouse and the shopping center as needed. Sweeping the floor, breaking down card board boxes and bringing them out to the recycling dumpster.
• Responsible for assisting with weekly bread program sorting and distribution.
• Assist warehouse coordinator with unloading and recording inventory counts of USDA deliveries.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Present a positive and professional image whenever representing the Commodity Supplemental Food Program and Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc. while serving diverse groups of people and communities throughout Hillsborough, Rockingham and Cheshire Counties.
• Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
• Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
• Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer