Job Summary:The incumbent of this position is responsible for the daily functions of the RCA Outreach Food Pantry program, including: maintenance, organization, and coordination of all Community Action Center Food Pantries and Food Pantry Volunteers (including Seabrook, Salem and Raymond), and pickup and delivery of Food Pantry items to the other RCA Community Action Centers, as well as supplemental janitorial responsibilities for the Seabrook Center.Supervision Received:Works under the direct supervision of the WIC Director.Supervision Exercised:None.Qualifications:
* The candidate will have a minimum of High School diploma or GED;
* Knowledge of basic food safety procedures;
* Valid New Hampshire driver’s license, current adequate car insurance, and a reliable vehicle for transportation of food.
* Ability to relate well with clients; ability to work well with others in a cooperative and respectful manner; ability to comply with schedule, policies, and job responsibilities;
* Proficiency with computers and basic program requirements;
* Ability to lift and carry seventy-five (75) pounds.
* Oversee, organize, and coordinate maintenance all RCA Food Pantries on a regular basis. Including: monitoring of shelf dates; rotating stock.
* Responsible for record keeping and compiling of information such as inventory records, food package quantities and composition;
* Responsible for providing regular detailed reports to management as directed.
* Responsible for ensuring cleanliness of storage areas, freezers and refrigerators;
* Responsible for ensuring that daily, routine custodial and janitorial tasks for the pantries (per Food Pantry Checklist, such as discarding left over perishable breads and pastries at the end of each day) are completed.
* Collect pantry stock from local donors, including but not limited to: supermarkets, community partners, and agency programs.
* Transport pantry stock to and from area RCA Community Action Centers, as necessary.
* Prepares Food Packages, with some modification based upon family size or other requirements based upon application(s).
* Be available to assist with TEFAP distributions as directed by supervisor.
* Responsible for working with Site Supervisor for volunteer recruitment, selection, and the completion of all required paperwork (Volunteer Package).
* Responsible for maintaining a volunteer schedule at the Seabrook Food Pantry.
* Initiate the process to work with the Work Skills Work Experience Program of CAP to recruit volunteers.
* Provide backup reception support as required.
* Perform supplemental cleaning of the Seabrook Community Action Center per Cleaning Checklist.
* Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
* Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
* Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
* Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
* Some weekend or evenings hours required when need to pick up donations or attend a donation event.
* Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer