The Housing Director is responsible for oversight of senior housing and resident services to ensure the delivery of the highest quality services to SNHS senior housing residents. Develops an organization and management support team to enable SNHS to meet and exceed service level requirements for each resident and funding source. Responsible for the coordination, implementation and planning of all housing activities in accordance with HUD and SNHS Executive Management.
Received: Works under the direction of the Deputy Director and general supervision of the Executive Director.
Exercised: Meets regularly with Housing Director (South), and oversees the Housing Managers and staff of the Southern Territories.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Design, support, manage and direct program initiatives to ensure the delivery of the highest quality services to our residents.
- Liaison between SNHS and local HUD field offices, assures all pertinent HUD notices and disseminated to appropriate housing personnel
- Manage and analyze organizational processes for problem solving and process improvement.
- Support staff to ensure an efficient and operationally sound team and customer service centered approach to senior resident care.
- Partner with leadership to position and successfully represent SNHS services to the local community, state and federal agencies, and to assist in brand awareness to promote SNHS.
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Guide and direct, housing managers to obtain data and information necessary to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Facilitate and lead, Housing Managers in the analysis and tracking of state and federal reporting requirements, as well as internal tracking and reporting.
- Responsible for the communication and executive management notification of any/all events occurring in senior resident facilities that effect residents, staff and may directly impact SNHS.
- Develop a communication plan with all direct reports as to daily/weekly/monthly events, corrective actions, new or revised policies, operations manager reports, to provide executive management current state of readiness for all facilities.
- Develop and maintain a site by site needs assessments lists with input from the Facilities Director
- Evaluate program opportunities and recommendations for effectiveness.
- Liaison with executive management, assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures and present suggestions to Deputy Director.
- Talent management, attracting, hiring, engaging and developing talented people to build capabilities required for the organization to perform at high levels.
- Provides assistance in the development of funding grants and new funding opportunities.
- Conduct, organize training for housing staff, from tenant selection through ongoing management of the property and insure this is done in accordance with HUD.
- Responsible for attaining 100% occupancy rates at all facilities.
- Contribute to budget process and monthly budget meetings.
- Implement training programs for staff, and identify training opportunities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Interest in the aging process and a commitment to the elderly and their well being
- Strong proven leadership record
- Portray professional and welcoming demeanor
- Five to Ten years of developed management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good work ethic
- Five to Ten years working with budgets
- Excellent listening & problem solving skills
- Demonstrable Public Relations skills
- Positive image
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Strong commitment to providing quality services to our clients
- Five to Ten years supervisory experience
- Decision making and goal setting abilities
- Open to change
- Committed to working toward development of your management and leadership skills
- Able to take direction and respond effectively to good supervision
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 4 years of College Education in Human Services field. Experience in operations management, customer service in a senior care environment.
- Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
- Computer literate (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to drive statewide on weekly basis – multisite.
- Knowledge of local service networks is essential.
- 6+ years working in a management position in an elderly care environment
- 6+ years working for a non profit
- Knowledge of local, state and federal program rules and regulations.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer