The Facilities Director’s responsibilities will include directing facilities functions, implementing policies and safety procedures, engaging with vendors and contractors, minimizing hazards, preparing facilities budgets and monitoring expenditures, designing and planning workstations, coordinating remodeling and refurbishment initiatives, testing equipment, forecasting space needs, ensuring compliance with planning and zoning laws, coordinating relocations, and negotiating lease agreements. Managing facilities and directing facilities functions to assist our organization in creating integrated spaces, minimizing disruptions to overall business operations, improving working conditions, bring consistency to how outreach offices and housing facilities are treated as similarly as possible, and creating a safe and comfortable environment for both staff and clients.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director, and general supervision of the Executive Director.
Exercised: Supervises Facility Supervisors and Procurement Manager
· Develop 5-year capital plan to continue to maintain and enhance the property assets and execute against projected capital plans.
· Oversees Preventative Maintenance of equipment and record keeping/related logs. Conducts regular property inspections and assess the physical assets of the property. Prioritize capital projects to reflect critical needs and affordability.
· Manage preventative maintenance program and oversee any necessary repair or construction work to sustain a safe and reliable environment.
· Perform Condition Assessments (either personally or with the assistance of consultants) to develop basis for long range capital plans and budgets.
· Manage the work process for both capital projects and ongoing services – including evaluating blue prints, developing scope of work, request for proposal, evaluating contractor submissions/bids, developing service agreements, overseeing contracted work, work inspections, assuring project is completed in accordance with terms of service agreement and required documentation is delivered prior to project close-out and/or payment.
· Provides technical instruction to Maintenance Technicians, Facility Supervisors and Procurement staff as needed to insure the goals and objectives of Housing /Maintenance Departments are met.
· Coordinates all sub-contract work with Facilities Supervisors and Deputy Director, Housing Director, Assistant Housing Director and Housing Manager(s). Including the determination of the extent of work needed, specifications, advertising and the selection of vendors.
· Insure the bidding process is in compliance with SNHS policies. Monitors overall performance of sub-contract work.
· Manage relationships with third party contracted services providers and ensure adherence to SNHS Purchasing Policy and Code of Business Conduct.
· Co-manage Construction activities with the Deputy Director. Prepare and oversee operational budgets and ensure all costs associated with property operations are managed with direct guidance and oversight.
· Complete timely review and oversight of vendor invoices, to ensure accurate services were provided prior to payment.
· Complete required weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
· Assist the Deputy Director in the management of the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan. Ensure all personnel are trained to function as an Emergency Task Force in Crisis Management response.
· Ensure information contained within the capital database is accurate, current and updated on a real time basis as changes occur.
· Work with staff and local officials to plan and oversee a fire safety program.
· Establish strong relationships and may frequently interact with key officials such as, Code enforcement, Fire safety, etc.
· Maintain a safe environment through identification and elimination of any safety hazards to staff, tenants, guests and clients. This includes the administration of all training and regulatory programs (OSHA, ADA, EPA etc.)
· Support Facility Supervisors and Housing Managers in their supervision of maintenance staff in work assignments and training. Assist in maintenance staff performance reviews as necessary.
· Completes performance reviews for the Facility Supervisors. Assessment of their ability, task prioritization and completion.
· Inspects all SNHS owned or leased facilities for maintenance / janitorial standards and performance as well as safety inspection compliance.
· Reviews inspection results and observations along with any needed repairs with management and Facility Supervisors to insure Agency specifications and expectations are met.
· Works collaboratively with direct staff and agency staff in general. Maintains a sense of teamwork.
· Performs other duties as assigned. Ensures a clean, well maintained, safe, and friendly and aesthetically pleasing environment, and asset preservation and enhancement while ensuring implementation of all SNHS standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strong Proven Leadership record
· Ability to create and maintain a team
· Five to ten years of developed management and or technical skill
· Excellent Communication skills
· Excellent Organizational skills
· Strong work ethic
· Commitment to confidentiality
· Decision making and planning capabilities
· Construction management experience
· Blue print and technical schematic reading & understanding
· Procurement management
· Compliance management
· Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum 5 years of prior Operations, Facilities, Construction or Property Management experience
· Working knowledge of maintenance and operational functions strongly preferred
· Ability to read and understand blue prints, CAD drawings and other schematics
· Meets commitments - produces accurate work
· Solution oriented and results driven
· Basic to moderate computer skills (email, excel, word, online order systems etc.)
· Procurement management
· Materials management
· Good Knowledge of regulations and laws
· Multitasking abilities
· Good negotiation skills
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer