The incumbent of this position is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day activities of managing an elderly housing complex, to include helping with program compliance and quality assurance. The position is responsible for assisting with managing resident relations and interactions, and helping with oversight of property maintenance in accordance with HUD/REAC building standards and compliance.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Housing Manager and the general supervision of the Housing Director.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Assists with conformance of all local, state and federal statutes, policies, regulations and guidelines, including but not limited to HUD 4350.3, Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) and Fair Housing regulations;
- Assists with timely and accurate input of tenant accounting records. Utilize rental software and maintain records of collections, disbursements, security deposit reports, et., in accordance with the HUD Handbook 4350.3.
- Responding to tenant relations and concerns which may arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Assisting with tenant certifications, selections and re-certifications while meeting income eligibility requirements and quality assurance standards;
- Responsible for helping with new rent-ups and the execution of leases, and unit turnovers
- Assisting with preparation of all required mandatory reports in an accurate and timely manner;
- Ability to assists with purchase of supplies and equipment as needed to maintain efficient running of the sites;
- Ensures all property work orders, unit inventories and preventative maintenance are accurate and processed in a timely manner.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:Bachelor’s Degree. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- The individual should have a working knowledge of federal, state and local program rules and regulations (i.e. HUD);
- Experience with financial records including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, and must be proficient in Microsoft Office and rental software;
- Experience supervising staff, and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Sensitivity to the needs of the elderly and individuals from diverse social, cultural and economic backgrounds;
- Knowledge of local/regional housing and social service resources;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience with property maintenance is a plus.
Strong customer service skills, experience in property management and Boston Post rental software a plus.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer