Incumbent of this position will function as the principal support for the Housing Manager. The individual will develop a work-flow process and implement systems that will allow for the orderly, timely and professional completion of tasks as required.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Housing Manager, and general supervision of the Housing Director.
RATE: $15.65 – $17.55
• Assists with the day-to-day activities of operating a housing facility.
• Provides a wide variety of clerical/administrative support to the site Housing Manager and other housing staff as requested by the Housing Manager. Examples of duties include: Assists with waiting list and resident file maintenance and upkeep.
• Assists with Managerial duties such as, conduct tenant certification, selection and annual recertification, handle leasing of new and turn over units.
• Become proficient and utilize rental software to enable Housing Manager to maintain records of collections, disbursements, security deposit reports, etc., in accordance with the HUD Handbook 4350.3.
• Collects rents, issues receipts, makes daily deposits and run necessary reports at the request of the Housing Manager.
• Responsible for having adequate knowledge of HUD Handbook 4350.3 rules and regulations and Enterprise Income Verification (EIV).
• Screens telephone calls and drop-in visitations for the Housing Manager as well as placing outside calls for any of the offices.
• Responsible for maintaining effective client relations.
• Will be responsible for conducting orientations for new move ins at the request of the Housing Manager.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
• Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
• Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
• Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
• Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
• Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• The individual will have good communication skills in both oral and written form, knowledge of computers and bookkeeping skills is essential.
• Must be proficient at utilizing rental software programs, Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of supportive services and other resources for senior citizens.
• Ability to advocate, problem solve and help residents to maintain their independent lifestyle.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• The incumbent will have at least a high school diploma (business college experience a plus).
• Must possess strong customer service skills. Experience in property management and Boston Post software a plus.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer