SUPERVISION RECEIVED:Works under the direct supervision of the Site Supervisor, and general supervision of the Energy Crisis/Coordinator and Fuel Assistance Director.SUPERVISION EXERCISED:The incumbent gives no supervision to others.QUALIFICATIONS:Experience with scheduling appointments or as a receptionist in a busy office. Experience dealing with the general public, particularly the elderly, disabled and low income population. The applicant must have the ability to deal with clients in a professional, confidential and respectful manner. Applicant also needs very good verbal and written communication, math, data entry and telephone skills. Proficiency with computers and basic programs required. Must have the ability to work as part of the outreach team, keep cordial relations with co-workers and have the ability to adjust to changing procedures. Possess the ability to work efficiently and rapidly with minimal supervision under heavy pressure. Reliable transportation is necessary. Ability to speak a second language is a plus.
The Receptionist will work out of assigned outreach office, will have initial contact with potential applicants on the phone or in person, will explain the agency programs and intake procedures, will schedule appointments, greet clients, fill out emergency forms and schedule intake staff. May do outreach and take applications when needed.
1. Learn to use the FAP/EAP software proficiently;
2. Efficiently handle a large volume of incoming phone calls in a timely fashion, connecting callers to the office, department or person indicated and take messages as directed.
3. Meet and greet members of the general public, greet them cordially and give them general information about the programs.
4. Greet clients coming in for an interview, confirm their appointment and present them with appropriate handouts to read while they are waiting;
5. Prepare applicants who call for an appointment, discuss household income and other information needed to determine their eligibility at the time of appointment;
6. Schedule mutually convenient appointment times for program applicants as needed, call the day before the appointment to confirm the date and time and follow through with no shows for rescheduling.
7. Make appointments for clients who come in for help in filling out their mail in application form.
8. Be responsible for mailing any appropriate forms and/or the appointment letter to the client.
9. Share any information gathered about the client during phone conversations with the intake clerk by printing out the previous years’ applications and this year’s appointment letter.
10. Update the status of clients in the FAP/EAP software when they miss an appointment and become a no show.
11. Contact clients who are due to recertify for the EAP program and try to schedule their appointments.
12. Learn the rules and procedures for all energy programs in order to be able to explain such to the clients in need of energy assistance.
13. Fill out High Priority Sheets for clients calling in a household energy emergency/crisis according to guidelines.
14. Maintain a log of all appointments scheduled and prepare a report at the end of each week.
15. Handle the fax machine; disburse the faxes received to appropriate person. Monitor fax and copier supplies.
16. Perform clerical duties as needed.
17. Perform outreach duties as needed, either by phone or in the field.
18. Be available for evening and Saturday hours when necessary.
19. Be available to cover other Outreach Center offices in Hillsborough or Rockingham Counties as needed.
20. Present a professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS
21. Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
22. Abide by all SNHS safety policy and procedures.
23. Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs beneficial to the client and his/her family.
24. Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer