Responsible for examining all program applications to determine and certify their eligibility.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Site Supervisor and the general supervision of the Energy/Crisis Coordinator and Fuel Assistance Director.
• Will check applications to assure that all the questions are answered.
• Determine that each application is properly documented.
• Certify the eligibility or non-eligibility of each application by applying program criteria.
• Assist in verifying the accuracy of application information.
• Will work directly with intake/outreach workers to answer questions and give assistance as needed, to insure the completeness and accuracy of applications.
• Certify a productive amount of applications, typically 25+ per day.
• Assist in taking applications as needed
• Maintain daily logs.
• Call in emergency deliveries or payments as required.
• Return all client phone calls in a timely fashion;
• Assist home bound clients in completing applications when necessary;
• Perform clerical duties as needed;
• Perform outreach duties as needed, either by phone or in the field;
• Be available for evening and Saturday hours when necessary.
• Be available to cover other outreach offices as needed.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
• Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
• Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
• Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
• Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
• Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Will have advanced experience with the intake process, rules and regulations as well be very detail oriented.
• The incumbent must have the ability to work with clients and co-workers in a professional, confidential and respectful manner.
• Incumbent must possess very good verbal and written communication, math, data entry and interviewing skills.
• Proficiency with computers and basic programs required.
• Must have the ability to work as part of the outreach team, keep cordial relations with co-workers and have the ability to adjust to changing procedures.
• Possess the ability to work efficiently and rapidly with minimal supervision under heavy pressure.
• Be physically able to sit at a computer for long hours during the day.
• Reliable transportation is necessary.
• Ability to speak a second language is a plus.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED and 6-month experience with social /community services or related field.
• Degree in related field may substitute for 1 year of experience.
• Experience working with the general public, particularly the elderly, disabled and low income population.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer