This position is Monday through Thursday from 5:30PM - 8:30PM during the school year.
The incumbent of this position is responsible for assisting the program with attendance, testing, registration and teaching/tutoring English and Computer skills.
Works under the direct supervision of the English for New Americans Program Coordinator.
• Ability to relate and communicate well with people from varying cultures and with limited English ability; past experience with refugees and immigrants a plus
• Interest in and aptitude for tutoring and aiding teachers in ESL classes.
• Sense of humor and mature demeanor
• Be flexible, friendly, patient and optimistic with our students and teachers
• Maintain confidentiality about student’s lives
• Assist ENA director and ALS Coordinator and teachers with administrative tasks such as registration, testing, record-keeping, filing, copying, organization of the central office, and update computer files as assigned
• Assist teachers in ESOL and Citizenship classes as needed (may involve 1:1 or small group work with students needing extra attention)
• Manage student entry into the church before classes begin
• Will maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
• Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
• Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
• Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer