The Children’s Program Assistant II will work with other program staff in carrying out the daily operations of the After-School and Summer recreation Programs offered by Southern New Hampshire Services in Peterborough. The Children’s program assistants will be expected to be work alone at any given site. Every effort is made to have two staff members on site, however this may not be possible at all times. Therefore the Children’s Program Assistant will be responsible for implementing all programming and maintaining appropriate participant behavior.
Works under the direct supervision of the Assistant Children’s Program Coordinator and the general supervision of the Western Hillsborough County Family Services Coordinator.
Some supervision of Children’s Program Assistant I level staff.
Previous experience working with children is required. Experience in special education, recreation, or other related field preferred. Ability to participate in vigorous outdoor recreation activity year round is required. Ability to assist with academic assignments preferred. First Aid and CPR preferred. 12 credits in education preferred.
- Plan and facilitate daily craft and recreation projects.
- Assist participants with daily school assignments.
- Supervise and participating in outdoor activities.
- Monitor participants’ behavior to ensure a safe and enriching experience is maintained.
- Ensure that all participants use appropriate, respectful, and compliant behavior.
- Report suspected abuse or neglect of participants by guardians or others.
- Assist in the daily cleaning of program spaces.
- Supervise the safe and constructive use of all program supplies.
- Monitoring and reporting maintenance issues and supply needs at program sites.
- Abide by the SNHS policy and procedures with regard to drug and alcohol use and smoking.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer