The incumbent of this position is responsible for working with newly accepted families to support their transition into the Head Start program. This includes supporting summer health screening days and planning activities to facilitate family engagement and social connections.
Works under the direct supervision of the Family Services Specialist
No supervision exercised
At least three years of experience in Head Start, degree in Early Childhood, Human Service or related fields
1. Work in coordination with the program’s ERSEA Coordinator and Family Services Specialist to assist transitioning newly accepted families into the Head Start program.
2. Support community outreach efforts to recruit eligible families.
3. Develop summer newsletter series for new families.
4. Plan and implement transition activities and events.
5. Assist with scheduling and support of health screening days.
6. Track fall enrollment and maintain current client contact information.
7. Maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
8. Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
9. Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
10. Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
11. Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer