The incumbent of this position is responsible for: transporting food to satellite center(s) and assisting the cook in the daily operations of the food service activities as needed
She/He works under the direct supervision of the Center Director/Site Manager and general supervision of the Nutrition Services Specialist.
The candidate will have a minimum of a High School diploma or GED; six months food service experience; knowledge of basic cooking and kitchen procedures; ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift/carry/move heavy items up to 75 pounds; valid New Hampshire driver’s license, current adequate car insurance, and a reliable vehicle for transportation of food; ability to relate well to children and parents; ability to work well with others in a cooperative and respectful manner; ability to comply with schedule and job responsibilities; willingness to work as a member of a team.
1. Demonstrate the highest of standards of personnel integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our Community Action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the Community Action movement.
2. Support the mission and philosophy of the Head Start program. Work in partnership with families without judgment or bias, recognizing and respecting individual differences and backgrounds.
3. Transport food to satellite center(s) and assist with kitchen clean-up and food preparation for their assigned center(s).
4. Relate professionally and tactfully with all program participants and coworkers and maintain positive interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
5. Adheres to menus and special dietary requirements that have been approved by the Heath & Nutrition Services Specialist.
6. Assists in the storage of deliveries of food and related kitchen supplies.
7. Wash and properly care for the dishes, utensils, and kitchen and food delivery equipment.
8. Responsible to follow food safety and sanitation procedures and maintain kitchen cleanliness in accordance with state and local health regulations.
9. Attends component and staff trainings as requested by supervisors.
10. Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
11. Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
12. Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
13. Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
14. Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer