The Center Director is responsible for the daily operations, management, and quality child care of the Child Care Center to which they are assigned.
He/She works under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager and the general supervision of the Child Development Director.
He/She has direct supervision of teachers, family workers, home visitors, and other staff as assigned.
The candidate will have a minimum of an AA in Early Childhood Education, Bachelor’s degree preferred; 3-4 years management experience including supervision experience; marketing skills; experience in planning and monitoring a budget; and experience related to fiscal issues including but limited to fee collection. Must carry adequate automobile insurance and be able to provide proof of insurance.
1. Provide leadership and direction in planning for the training, development, and mentorship of all staff in order to meet or exceed requirements, and as a means of ensuring quality experiences for infants/toddlers, preschoolers, and their families.
2. Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as a part of a team, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, receive and provide feedback, and manage dynamic interchanges in meetings.
3. Demonstrate commitment to job performance in keeping with professional standards, maintaining boundaries and ethical conduct.
4. Responsible for daily operations and management of the center.
5. Responsible for enforcing all center policies and procedures in compliance with Child Care Licensing Standards and ensure re-licensing.
6. Development of action plans in the event of unforeseen circumstances and ensuring that these plans are clearly communicated to all involved. (Snow policy, emergency closings, staff illness, staff vacancy, loss of power, etc.).
7. Responsible for maintaining a quality child care program that is in compliance with NAEYC and Head Start Performance Standards.
8. Maintain and monitor center waiting list and assure 100% enrollment.
9. Timely submittal of ADP payroll and weekly/monthly paperwork requirements.
10. Support staff in correcting deficits noted in content specialists monitoring visits and reports; working cooperatively with content specialists to assure corrections.
11. Complete monthly site update reports for review with Operations Manager.
12. Oversee the organization and implementation of curriculum, goals, and objectives that are appropriate for both Early Head Start and Head Start aged children.
13. Responsible for compliance with Child Care Scholarship requirements for eligible families.
14. Collect appropriate fees for CC services from each family and maintaining A/R records for the fiscal department at SNHS, Inc.
15. Responsible for staff scheduling and adhering to child to teacher ratios effectively and efficiently.
16. Send required reports (classroom attendance reports, meal tallies, petty cash reports, receiving reports, etc.) to Central Office weekly or monthly as needed.
17. Responsible for collecting and documenting all In-Kind donations, as well as sending materials to the child development billing clerk by required date.
18. Responsible for establishing and maintaining an on-going effective rapport with the community-at-large and the host organization in particular.
19. Attend leadership meetings as assigned and report information to the center staff in a timely manner.
20. Responsible for yearly evaluation with teachers, family workers, and other staff as assigned.
21. Attend conferences and trainings as appropriate.
22. Support and enforce the Child Development Program and SNHS, Inc. Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.
23. Present a professional and positive image as a representative of the center, Child Development Program and SNHS, Inc.
24. Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
25. Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
26. Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
27. Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer