The incumbent of this position is responsible for: Providing professional development and guidance for teachers to improve their content knowledge and instructional strategies. Build the capacity of the state’s kindergarten teachers to meet the learning needs of all students by enhancing their instructional practices at the classroom level with a focus on the use of developmentally appropriate best practices.
Received: Works under the direct supervision of Child Care Resource and Referral Program Manager and general supervision of the Child Development Director and Operations Manager.
RATE: $18.58 to $21.42
· Support the instructional development of all teachers in understanding play-based, hands-on learning and developmentally appropriate practice.
· Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with teachers, administrators and other coaches.
· Provide direction and coordination for how the curriculum is taught consistent with state’s Substantive Educational Content of an Adequate Education law.
· Assist teachers with resources, materials, tools, information, the development of differentiated lessons, and the selection of best practices to meet the needs of their students.
· Assist in creation of documents, guides and other resources that will support and enhance teachers’ competence in establishing and maintaining a play-based approach to teaching and learning.
· Informally observe (non-evaluative) lessons and provide feedback for a teacher’s professional growth and students’ success.
· Model appropriate practice and lessons in classrooms for teachers being coached.
· Develop staff members’ knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors through a variety of professional development targeted topics and designs.
· Responds to assigned coaching and technical assistance to teachers on the phone, via email, onsite and documents assistance given in database appropriately.
· Submit a weekly coaching log and any pertinent data requests/coaching documentation.
· Facilitates collaborative group and/or cohort on a regular basis to support Best Practices in Action Initiative work with coaches, as needed.
· Assists CCR&R Program Manager, when needed, with establishing professional development needs in state and helping in set-up of opportunities.
· Assist in training registration, preparation of training documents, and attendance documentation of professional development opportunities.
· Assists in the maintenance of the Training, Technical Assistance Management Module (TTAM), as assigned by CCR&R Program Manager.
· Establishes and maintains working relationships with standard host sites as designated by set criteria provided by CCR&R Program Manager.
· Assists with writing the program narrative to accompany quarterly data reporting relative to the Best Practices in Action Initiative.
· Assists in the production of marketing materials with social media outlets in working partnership with the CCAoNH Media and Marketing Team, as needed.
· Assists with general office/administrative procedures and day to day program operations including phone coverage, reception, recordkeeping and other clerical tasks.
· Assists with Referral, Recruitment, Technical Assistance and Coaching activities as assigned.
· Assists in overall regional and statewide consistency related to CCR&R programming and services.
· Attends professional development opportunities offered and as assigned.
· Serve as liaison for Best Practices in Action Initiative through Southern New Hampshire Services Child Care Aware of NH program.
· Collaborate and partner, as determined, with the University of New Hampshire, Department of Education and Bureau of Child Development and Head Start Collaboration.
· Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as a part of a team, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, receive and provide feedback, and manage dynamic interchanges in meetings and other community outreach activities.
· Possess ability to work independently, with little supervision, and complete multiple tasks and job responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
· Support the mission and philosophy of SNHS Community Action Agency. Work in partnership with participants without judgment or bias, recognizing and respecting individual differences and backgrounds.
· Demonstrate the highest standards of personnel integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our Community Action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the Community Action movement.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel when needed.
· Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
· Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
· Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
· Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
· Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Have the ability to travel statewide as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Instructional Coach must have a minimum of a Baccalaureate Degree in Education, Early Childhood Education or related field.
· Candidate must have at least (5) five years’ experience working in an educational setting either at public school or within a licensed early childhood program.
· Valid New Hampshire teaching certificate and/or Early Childhood Education certification preferred.
· Instructional Coach is subject to criminal background check in accordance with the New Hampshire Child Care Licensing Unit.
· The position requires strong written and verbal communication skills in addition to excellent customer service skills and a high degree of professionalism. The position requires proficient computer skills in relation to data entry, word processing, and spreadsheet management.
· Master’s degree preferred.
· Experience in development, preparation and presentation of professional development preferred.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer