The primary function of an incumbent in this class is to facilitate visitors’ experience at SEE by greeting guests, demonstrating exhibits, answering questions, providing structured group tours, operating cash register and providing other assistance as needed. The incumbent will also collect admission, perform simple clerical tasks, act as cashier in the gift shop, perform required maintenance of the exhibits, and perform minor janitorial tasks.
The incumbent works under the supervision of the Education & Program Coordinator with direct guidance from the Lead Weekend Facilitator who assigns workloads and provides policy and procedural guidance on a regular basis.
Incumbent provides minimal supervision to volunteers and others on an assigned basis.
Examples of Duties:
- Interact with visitors, including giving group tours and facilitating visitor experience during general public hours.
- Answer the telephone, handle inquiries and schedule tours.
- Ensure Birthday Parties, other groups receive proper attention.
- Demonstrate exhibits
- Operate cash register in gift shop
- Stock gift shop shelves
- Make minor repairs to exhibits
- Perform basic janitorial duties (cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, etc.)
- Perform other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to work well with the public and harmoniously with others; basic knowledge of principles of science, basic office skills, including word processing ability. Flexibility and ability to take initiative are major requirements.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer