The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting the Housing Director, Housing Managers, and the Housing Fiscal Officer with tasks including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, the purchasing process and housing policies and procedures.
Works under the direct supervision of the Housing Director and general supervision of the Energy and Housing Operations Director. This position has accountability to the Housing Fiscal Officer.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- BA/BS in Business or related field or equivalent work experience in a similar position;
- Prior work in the housing management field helpful;
- Knowledge of HUD, NHHFA and LIHTC programs are beneficial;
- Expertise in Quick Books, Microsoft Office a must;
- Experience with Fund Ware and Boston Post Rental Software or similar housing management software is preferred;
- Prior experience in accounting areas such as A/P, A/R, and payroll is helpful;
- Respond in a timely fashion to all managers who have questions regarding purchasing and other related questions with the assistance of the Housing Director or Housing Fiscal Officer;
- Process requisitions, purchase orders and receiving reports as outlined in the SNHS Purchasing Policy Manual in a timely fashion. Verify pricing for accuracy;
- Prepare cash receipts for journal entries, verify accuracy and document completeness;
- Must be proficient with Boston Post Rental Software program and assist housing staff with trouble shooting and provide technical support as needed;
- Oversee all aspects of all insurance policies and claims, review all tax bills as assigned;
- Perform all of the tasks associated with tenant security deposit move-out process;
- Submit Prac Contracts for annual renewal;
- Must be able to problem solve, effectively multi-task, and prioritize job duties;
- Perform all of the tasks associated with being a HUD Web Access Security Subsystem (WASS) Coordinator;
- Attend trainings as provided to remain current in HUD Occupancy Compliance 4350.2 Change 2, Rev 1, HUD Management Compliance 4350.1, LIHTC Compliance, Fund Ware programs, Quick Books, Boston Post Rental Software and all SNHS policies and procedures;
- Assist with the preparation of the Housing Audit Checklist for each housing property as assigned by the Housing Fiscal Officer;
- Works closely with Maintenance Supervisors and Housing Managers to ensure proper preventive maintenance work is conducted as assigned by the Housing Director;
- Responsible for practicing effective communication skills, and must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Presents a professional and positive image as a representative of Southern New Hampshire Services;
- Abide by all SNHS, Inc. safety policies and procedures;
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and normally gathers sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs beneficial to the client, his/her family or to a friend;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer