The incumbent of this position is responsible for the Kitchen Aide will assist in the Kitchen Manager in the daily operations of the food service preparation, packing and storage activities of the Summer Food Service Program.
He/ She works under the direct supervision of the Summer Food Service Kitchen Manager, the Summer Food Service Coordinator and general supervision of the Community Outreach Director.
Possesses basic knowledge of kitchen procedures. The ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift, carry/ move heavy items up to 50 pounds. The ability to work well with others in a cooperative and respectful manner; ability to comply with schedule and job responsibilities; ability to work as a member of a team.
- Assist Kitchen Manager with food preparation and cleanup. Assists in the storage of deliveries of food and related kitchen supplies.
- Will wash and properly care for the dishes, utensils, and kitchen and food delivery equipment.
- Will wash, cut fruits and vegetables and pack them in zip lock bags using USDA approved measurements and quantity.
- Will Unitize (bag meals) using USDA guidelines and help pack coolers as needed.
- Will maintain kitchen cleanliness in accordance with state and local health, safety and sanitation regulations.
- Responsible for following food sanitation procedures.
- Shares in all SFSP responsibilities as needed. Performs all other job related duties as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times. Presents a professional and positive image as a representative of the Summer Food Service Program and Southern New Hampshire Services, Inc.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer