The incumbent of this position is responsible for providing administrative, secretarial and clerical support to others in the office to maintain an efficient office environment.
Works under the direct supervision of the English for New Americans Program Coordinator and ALS Coordinator
- Ability to relate and communicate well with people from varying cultures and with limited English ability; past experience with refugees and immigrants a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates degree preferred
- College courses in office/business, typing (50+), a plus
- Previous successful office experience
- Competent computer skills including MS Office, ability to work on a laptop
- Internet skills, including use of emails, group messaging, data collection
- Ability to learn and stay current on new database systems
- Ability to help organize new program ideas, ways of streamlining information
- Ability to track down needed information from all students monthly (cohort follow up), help prepare required reports
- Highly organized.
- Administrative tasks such as phone registration, testing, and record-keeping
- Update and maintain student NRS database
- Ability to work well as a team member with program goals in mind
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to get to know our students to make updating information easier
- Problem solving ability
- Attention to detail, accuracy, reliability, and flexibility
- Will maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer