Provides employment orientation, assessment, counseling and case management services to Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act program participants in 12 NH Works job centers statewide as needed: providing information about and linkage to the full range of services available through WIOA and other NH Works programs; orienting customers to and enrolling them in the WIOA Program; working individually with WIOA Adult and Dislocated Worker customers to develop individualized training and reemployment plans that meet individual needs; and providing job placement services leading to successful employment outcomes and retention.
Supervision will be provided by Program Management.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Education, or Human Resources, and 3 years employment counseling and case management experience with unemployed adults in an employment-based context. Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team setting required. Ability to travel statewide is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating the skills, knowledge, and ability required for this position may substitute for degree.
- Provide statewide field support coverage as needed to fill staffing gaps, assist offices experiencing a high volume of activity, and to assume assignments for special projects and initiatives.
- Conduct customer orientation, intake, and eligibility determination
- Provide ongoing career counseling and case management services ensuring regular service and/or contact at a minimum of every 30 daysConduct client-tracking functions including timely and accurate on-going data entry of customer information into the WIOA computerized case management system.
- Provide a full assessment of customers’ skills, aptitudes and barriers using a variety of tools and tests.
- Work with individual customer on the development of an individual employment plan based upon customer’s unique needs, interests and abilities including assessing the need and justification for training.
- Provide individualized Job Placement assistance leading to successful employment outcomes.
- Provide information on and arrange for Support Services based on the customers’ needs.
- Conduct required follow-up activities for exited customers as per policy.
- Participate in job related training opportunities including cross training for other staff.
- Participate in local agency and interagency team meetings as required.
- Become familiar with and refer customers to appropriate community resources.
- Other duties as assigned by WFD Coordinator and WIOA Administrator within the objectives of the position.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past and prospective clients and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Will abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Will present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all local SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Ability to work in an integrated service delivery environment.
- Dependability, reliability, and flexibility in performing required statewide coverage and assuming varied assignments and projects as needed.
- Experience working with target populations (i.e. dislocated workers, low income, disabled etc.)
- Knowledge of computerized tools; e.g., accessing Internet-based job search information.
- Experience with administering and interpreting assessment tools.
- Workforce development experience, including knowledge of USDOL regulations, case management, customer service & quality principles.
- Experience in providing employment counseling services.
- Effective communicator, including written, oral and public speaking for conducting workshops as needed.
- Creative thinking, problem-solving, & decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team (both internally and in the community) to ensure maximum level of coordinated services that benefit the customer, are achieved.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel, internet search & E-mail.
- Knowledge of professional ethics, including confidentiality policy.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer