The Fiscal and Administrative Support Specialist is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of the Head Start Administrative office. Develop and maintain record-keeping systems essential to effective administration and program operation. Provides support for the overall administration of the program including personnel and fiscal management, budgeting, strategic planning, program development and continuous improvement efforts. Develop, monitor, evaluate and maintain actual vs. expenditures for all child development budgets. Assures program fiscal operations and reporting requirements are met.
S/he works under the direct supervision of the Education and Nutrition Operations Director and general supervision of the Fiscal office.
Child Development Billing Clerk, Program Assistant and as assigned by the Education and Nutrition Operations Director
Associates Degree or Bachelors degree in business administration or related field. This position requires the ability to work well with others in a team-oriented environment as well as independently.
- Provides technical support for the overall administration of the program including personnel and fiscal management, budgeting, strategic planning, program development and continuous improvement efforts.
- Develop, monitor, evaluate and maintain actual vs. expenditures for all child development budgets.
- Assist with development and submission of Head Start, Early Head Start and Early Head Start Partnership grants and others.
- Responsible for budget development and reporting submission for Child Care Aware of New Hampshire, United Way proposals and CACFP.
- Act as second check for CACFP meals, input into State Billing System and reconcile when payment is received.
- Assures program fiscal operations and reporting requirements are met i.e. SF 425.
- Responsible for approving, placing and tracking of orders, obtaining bids, set-up of purchase requisitions and follow-up of purchase orders.
- Responsible for annual review of all agreements and contracts.
- Prepare ADP payroll bi-weekly for submission to the Payroll department.
- Monitor and maintain Salary and Wages spreadsheet for payroll and projection purposes.
- Monitoring and reporting on Accounts Receivable
- Tracks, coordinates and monitors Child Care Scholarship Billing
- Assist with the Policy Council in conjunction with Education and Nutrition Operations Director, and serve as a resource for its members and attend meetings to review budget reports.
- Monitor and evaluate Non-federal share prepares reports to Accounting Manager.
- Coordinate staff training logistics and arrange travel plans (local and out of county) for program staff.
- Coordinates and monitors work flow to ensure consistent and timely completion of support services to the Education and Nutrition Operations Director, Agency Senior Management, Operations Manager, and other content specialists.
- Participate in ongoing strategic planning process incorporating program data (PIR, monitoring results, outcomes, self-assessment, and budget) to assess program goals and objectives, meet program requirements and promote continuous improvement.
- Maintains confidentiality in all dealings for the Education and Nutrition Operations Director and Management Team with clients, staff, and other parties who have contact/business with the above staff.
- Provide leadership and direction in planning for the training, development, and mentorship of all staff in order to meet or exceed requirements, and as a means of ensuring quality experiences for infants/toddlers, preschoolers, and their families.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as a part of a team, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, receive and provide feedback, and manage dynamic interchanges in meetings.
- Maintain a professional and positive image as a representative of the program at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer