The incumbent of this position is responsible for: the daily operations of the food service activities of the child care center to which they are assigned.
She/He works under the direct supervision of the Center Director/Site Supervisor and the general supervision of the Health & Nutrition Services Specialist.
No supervision exercised.
The candidate will have a minimum of high school diploma or GED, and coursework or experience in quality food preparation, budgeting and purchasing; six months to two years quality food service experience; knowledge of basic cooking and kitchen procedures; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work without supervision; maintain records and reports; ability to stand for extended periods of time, and lift/carry/move heavy items up to 75 pounds; ability to relate well to children and parents. Valid New Hampshire driver’s license, current adequate car insurance, proof of car insurance, and reliable transportation.
- Demonstrate the highest of standards of personal integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our Community Action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the Community Action movement.
- Support the mission and philosophy of the Head Start program. Work in partnership with families without judgment or bias, recognizing and respecting individual differences and backgrounds.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, and snacks for their assigned centers(s).
- Adheres to menus that have been approved by the Health & Nutrition Services Specialist. Provides that these menus are posted in the kitchen and classrooms monthly. Adheres to menus for children with special nutrition needs as designated by the Health & Nutrition Services Specialist, as well as able to adapt menus for special dietary requirements.
- Relate professionally and tactfully with all families and staff. Maintain good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Responsible to order and store deliveries of food and related kitchen supplies, within budget guidelines, as designated by the Health & Nutrition Services Specialist.
- Responsible to shop at grocery store on an as needed basis within budget guidelines and picking-up of food from surplus food delivery site as needed for service.
- Wash and properly care for the dishes, utensils, and kitchen and food delivery equipment.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness in accordance with state and local health safety and sanitation regulations. Responsible for following food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Maintain temperature control charts daily.
- Responsible to have emergency meal plans available.
- Maintain records on food purchases and related supplies, and menu production.
- Assist the teaching staff in implementing nutrition education activities for both preschoolers and infants and toddlers through food ordering, preparation, and provision of equipment.
- Send required reports to Central Office and Food Service Coordinator weekly, when needed, or at the end of the month.
- Share in all center responsibilities as needed.
- Attends component and staff trainings.
- Responsible for collecting and documenting all Non-Federal Share donations, as well as sending materials to the child development billing clerk by required date.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and normally gathers sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs as needed.
- Build partnerships with families within professional boundaries, communicating program policies and procedures.
- Assist with food preparation for monthly parent committee meetings.
- Provide support to Policy Council functions through preparation of food as needed.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer