The incumbent of this position is responsible for providing leadership, quality support, mentorship and technical assistance to the Training and Technical Assistance Specialists. Facilitates, coordinates and assesses technical assistance opportunities and efforts for early childhood professionals in compliance with NACCRRA’s best practices and as outlined by CCR&R Program Manager to meet regional and state needs. Responsible for providing administrative support for the CCR&R program and ensuring that all Training and Technical Assistance Specialists are complying with NACCRRA’s best practices and as outlined by the CCR&R Program Manager to meet regional and state needs.
Works under the direct supervision of the CCR&R Program Manager, and general supervision of the Child Development Director and Operations Manager.
She/he has direct supervision of Training and Technical Assistance Specialists in conjunction with Program Manager, as assigned.
- The Lead Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator must have a minimum of a Baccalaureate Degree in Early Childhood Education or a post-graduate degree with a minimum of 24 credits in ECE or approved coursework. The position requires strong written and verbal communication skills in addition to excellent customer service skills and a high degree of professionalism. The position requires proficient computer skills in relation to data entry, word processing, and spreadsheet management. Five years’ experience working in an early childhood setting, at least three of which are in a program director supervisory or leadership role. Planning and implementation of group training and/or facilitation of adults is preferred. Lead Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator is subject to criminal background check in accordance with the New Hampshire Child Care Licensing Unit.
- Have the ability to travel statewide as required.
- Serves as lead to Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) Specialists providing training, mentorship and support specific to work in the TTAM database as it pertains to training and technical assistance services.
- Creates systems that satisfy statewide program expectations to meet NACCRRA’s best practices in TTAM with the Program Manager and other Lead Staff.
- Facilitates and coordinates training and technical assistance opportunities provided through the Progressive Training and TA program and upon request.
- Facilitates and/or assists in the coordination of professional development opportunities for TTA Specialists with the CCR&R Program Manager to ensure consistency of program services.
- Conducts a training and technical assistance needs assessment with programs on an annual basis with the Professional Development Support Coordinator, with support from Program Manager.
- Conducts evaluation of technical assistance provided through the program to increase fidelity and consistency with services provided.
- Assists in the maintenance of the Training, Technical Assistance Management Module (TTAM) and the Training and TA New Hire Guide as assigned by CCR&R Program Manager.
- Attends professional development opportunities offered in area as needed.
- Assists with completion of quarterly data reporting relative to Recruitment, Training and Technical Assistance Services.
- Assists with coordination and compilation of training and teacher competency information for quarterly data reporting.
- Maintains a strong collaborative relationship with community partners and other statewide organizations.
- Provides technical assistance to prospective child care providers to enable them to qualify under federal, state and local regulations; maintains liaison with state and local regulatory agencies in order to facilitate the licensing and start up of child care facilities.
- Assists in the production of e-newsletters for providers (and families as appropriate) with CCR&R Team, obtaining and including pertinent information related to technical assistance initiatives, child care issues, updates, and available training opportunities both locally and throughout the state.
- Provides a minimum of three (3) referrals to each client and responds to requests for referral within 24 business hours, as needed via phone or in-person.
- Assists with the maintenance of the client portion of the NACCRRAware database ensuring timely entries, accuracy of information, and quarterly reporting, as needed.
- Assists with general office/administrative procedures and day to day program operations including phone coverage, reception, recordkeeping and other clerical tasks.
- Assists with Referral, Recruitment, Technical Assistance and Consultation activities as assigned.
- Assists in overall regional and statewide consistency related to CCR&R programming and services.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as a part of a team, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, receive and provide feedback, and manage dynamic interchanges in meetings and other community outreach activities.
- Possess ability to work independently, with little supervision, and complete multiple tasks and job responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support the mission and philosophy of SNHS Community Action Agency. Work in partnership with participants without judgment or bias, recognizing and respecting individual differences and backgrounds.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of personnel integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our Community Action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the Community Action movement.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
- Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
- Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
- Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer