The incumbent of this position is responsible for facilitating training opportunities and providing targeted technical assistance to early childhood professionals in compliance with NACCRRA’s best practices and as outlined by CCR&R Program Manager to meet regional and state needs. In addition, he/she provides support services and consumer education for families in selecting child care in compliance with NACCRRA’s best practices.
Works under the direct supervision of the CCR&R Program Manager, and general supervision of the Child Development Director and Operations Manager.
TTA Specialist must have a minimum of a Baccalaureate Degree in Early Childhood Education or a post-graduate degree with a minimum of 24 credits in ECE or approved coursework. The position requires strong written and verbal communication skills in addition to excellent customer service skills and a high degree of professionalism. The position requires proficient computer skills in relation to data entry, word processing, and spreadsheet management. Five years experience working in an early childhood setting, at least two of which are in a program director supervisory or leadership role. Planning and implementation of group training and/or facilitation of adults is preferred. TTA Specialist is subject to criminal background check in accordance with the New Hampshire Child Care Licensing Unit.
Have the ability to travel statewide as required.
· Provides a minimum of three (3) on-site technical assistance visits a month to providers based on technical assistance initiatives or targeted technical assistance through specified professional development opportunities offered.
· Responds to assigned technical assistance from Professional Development Support Coordinator to providers on the phone, via email, onsite and documents assistance given in database appropriately.
· Facilitates directors’ collaborative group on a monthly basis to promote professionalism and best practices in early childhood settings, based on area group needs and/or technical assistance initiatives.
· Assist Professional Development Support Specialist in training registration, preparation of training documents, and attendance documentation of professional development opportunities set-up by CCR&R Program Manager through designated email list and training registration system/s including Eventbrite, the NH Professional Development Registry, and the nh.childcareaware.org website.
· Assists in the maintenance of the Training, Technical Assistance Management Module (TTAM), as assigned by CCR&R Program Manager.
· Assists CCR&R Program Manager, when needed, with establishing professional development needs in CCR&R area and helping in set-up of opportunities.
· Establishes and maintains working relationship with standard host sites as designated by set criteria provided by CCR&R Program Manager.
· Attends professional development opportunities offered in area as assigned.
· Conduct annual orientations to recruit new Child Care Resource and Referral Volunteers to assist in training set-up and delivery.
· Assists with writing the program narrative to accompany quarterly data reporting relative to Recruitment, Training and Technical Assistance Services.
· Completes reporting for Recruitment, Training and Technical Assistance Services through NACCRRA on the quarterly report.
· Maintains a strong collaborative relationship with community partners and other statewide organizations.
· Assists with recruitment of new childcare providers and accurately inputs information in to the NACCRRAware database in accordance with the program’s procedures.
· Provides technical assistance to prospective child care providers to enable them to qualify under federal, state and local regulations; maintains liaison with state and local regulatory agencies in order to facilitate the licensing and start up of child care facilities.
· Assists in the production of the quarterly newsletter for providers (and families as appropriate) with SNHS CCR&R Team, obtaining and including pertinent information related to child care issues, updates, and available training opportunities both locally and throughout the state.
· Provides a minimum of three (3) referrals to each client and responds to requests for referral within 24 business hours.
· Documents the number of NHEP/District Office clients and their success in finding child care and attends NHEP/DO, when assigned.
· Assists with the maintenance of the client portion of the NACCRRAware database ensuring timely entries, accuracy of information, and quarterly reporting.
· Assists with general office/administrative procedures and day to day program operations including phone coverage, reception, recordkeeping and other clerical tasks.
· Assists with Referral, Recruitment, Technical Assistance and Consultation activities as assigned.
· Assists in overall regional and statewide consistency related to CCR&R programming and services.
· Provide training and technical assistance services statewide, as assigned.
· Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as a part of a team, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, receive and provide feedback, and manage dynamic interchanges in meetings and other community outreach activities.
· Possess ability to work independently, with little supervision, and complete multiple tasks and job responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner.
· Support the mission and philosophy of SNHS Community Action Agency. Work in partnership with participants without judgment or bias, recognizing and respecting individual differences and backgrounds.
· Demonstrate the highest standards of personnel integrity, truthfulness, honesty, and fortitude in all our Community Action activities in order to inspire confidence and trust in the Community Action movement.
· Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with SNHS policy and procedure.
· Abide by all SNHS Safety policies and procedures.
· Present professional and positive image as a representative of SNHS.
· Responsible for having adequate knowledge of all SNHS programs and will gather sufficient intake information to make referrals to other SNHS programs which are beneficial to the client and his/her family.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Southern New Hampshire Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer